That’s right. You read the title correctly. It’s not just a dark chocolate chip cookie but a DOUBLE Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie! This cookie is gluten free and grain free as it is made with coconut flour!
Coconut flour is dried, de-fatted coconut meat grounded into a fine flour. It’s a great alternative for those that are on a paleo or carb conscious diet as it is extremely high in fiber and low in carbs. It can be a little tricky to bake with as it is a remarkably absorbent flour, but I got it all figured out for you!
It is a little more cake like than your average cookie, but delicious nonetheless. And with only 87 calories per cookie, you really can’t go wrong! ***Please excuse the photo…these cookies were hard to photograph!***
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup a 60% (or higher) dark chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tbs of water
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 10-12 drops of stevia (you can replace the stevia with an additional 1/4 cup of coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small mixing bowl, stir the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Set a side.
- Melt 1/2 cup of the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. You can also microwave in a small bowl, 10 -15 seconds at a time (stirring in between rounds) to avoid over cooking the chocolate.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and stevia with an electric mixer until thick; stir in the chocolate mixture and water.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture until well mixed. Fold in the remaining 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips. The mixture will be very soft. You can chill the mixture in refrigerator for 30 minutes to make the dough easier to work with if you would like.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Scoop about a tablespoon or so for each cookie and ensure they are well spaced on the cookie sheet. Place in the oven for 10-12 min and allow for the cookies to cool before plating or eating. Recipe makes 24 cookies.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and co-workers did!