I don’t know about you guys, but I am craving some major warmth and sunshine. Winter in the Midwest has been absolutely brutal this year. It’s March 4th and we are still experiencing below freezing temps and snow. OVER IT!
Here is a delicious dressing that will bring some sunshine to your life while we wait for spring to make an appearance. This bright and delicious dressing will bring warmth to any salad you make. It’s also Whole30 compliant and free of the junk that is loaded in store bought dressings. This dressing will be whipped up in a matter of minutes and will keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
- 3/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup of White Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh orange juice (I used mandarin oranges but any orange will work)
- 1/4 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest
- 1 small shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients above and process for about a minute or until all ingredients are well blended and smooth. Drizzle over salads or use as a chicken/fish marinade. Store dressing in a glass container. Keeps for 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Make sure to shake before using.
I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
What are some of your favorite ways to dress up a salad? Let me know if the comments below!