Warm, straight out of the oven Chocolate Chip Cookies are a personal favorite of mine. Dark, gooey chocolate…chewy on the inside…I am drooling just thinking about it! Good thing I just baked a batch of these delicious Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies!
These cookies are perfect for those that need to adhere to a gluten free, grain free, and/or dairy free diet but they will also satisfy those that do not. They’re also Paleo friendly and just so happen to be vegan!
They taste delicious straight out of the oven but they remain moist and chewy long after they have cooled off. Pack one in your lunch or have one as a treat at the end of a long day. Heck, eat one for breakfast if you’d like! I won’t tell anyone.
Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes about 15 cookies)
1 ½ cups of almond flour
½ cup of coconut flour
¼ tsp. of sea salt
½ tsp. of baking soda
¼ cup of almond or coconut milk
6 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 ½ tablespoons of raw honey or agave (vegan option)
1 tbs. of vanilla extract
½ cup of dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor pulse almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt, and baking soda until combined.
3. Pulse in almond or coconut milk, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract until a dough forms. If dough is too dry, add another tablespoon or two almond/coconut milk.
4. Remove the blade from the food processor and stir in the dark chocolate chips in to the dough. You may need to get your hands dirty for this step!
5. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough, form in to a ball, and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Gently press balls of dough down to flatten.
6. Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving or they will crumble.