If you are are looking for something that is sweet (yet healthy) and easy to whip up then these Blondies are for you. Last night I was craving a warm, out of the oven treat but didn’t want to have to run to the store to gather ingredients. I looked around in my pantry, threw somethings together, placed it in a baking dish, and this was the result. Warm, soft, goey Blondies! Similar in texture to a brownie, these healthy treats are naturally sweetened (no refined sugar!), grain free, gluten free, and packed with protein! No need to feel guilty if you eat some for breakfast….just ask my husband! Yep, he totally did that this morning. 😉
Paleo Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 2 cups of Almond Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of unsweetened, natural Almond Butter (you can also use Peanut Butter if you wish)
- 1/2 cup of Real Maple Syrup (Grade A or B)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of Dark Chocolate Chips (depends on how chocolaty you want them. I just sprinkled some on top of mine before baking but will definitely place them in the batter next time. I love my chocolate)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small mixing bowl, combine Almond Flour and Baking Soda and mix together.
2. In a separate medium size bowl, whisk egg and add almond butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Mix until well combined.
3. Slowly stir in flour mixture into the wet mixture until thoroughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips (if using) and pour batter and spread evenly into a glass 9×9 baking dish. If you prefer, feel free to sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top of batter once in baking dish instead of adding some to the batter.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.